What is today’s date?
Find out the current day, date of today and local time.
Today’s date in numbers and slashes
- Sometimes the date is written in numerical form (month/date/year).
- The date can also be written in this order (date/month/year).
Calendar for current month with present weekday and today’s date
Current local time is:
The correct way of writing today’s date?
There are two ways to write a date:
- using entirely numbers and
- using a combination of words and numbers.
Then there are also two standards for writing today’s date:
- the American English standard
- the British English standard
Writing the date including weekday
The weekday always comes first and is separated from the rest by a comma:
- Weekday, Month Date (date in digits), 2019 (American)
- Weekday, Date (date in digits) Month 2019 (British)
( Please note there is no comma between the date and the year. )
Different standards can cause confusion
If you write the date with only digits it can easily lead to misunderstanding.
For example the date 10/03/2020 can be either:
- October 3, 2020 (American interpretation)
- March 10 2020 (British interpretation)
This is a reason why it can be better to write the name of the month.
Abbrevations for day of the Week
- Sunday – Sun.
- Monday – Mon.
- Tuesday – Teu. or Tues.
- Wednesday – Wed.
- Thursday – Thu.
- Friday – Fri.
- Saturday – Sat.
Abbrevations for Months
- January – Jan.
- February – Feb.
- March – Mar.
- April – Apr.
- May – May
- June – Jun.
- July – Jul.
- August – Aug.
- September – Sep.
- October – Oct.
- November – Nov.
- December – Dec.